Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

City Meets Country


Today's journey was short, thirty minutes away is the Qu'Appelle Valley. The part of the world that Eva and Tate from "From the Dust" call home. It is windy today but still beautiful with the crystal clear sky that this part of the world is known for.

I may be a city person but my companion is even more so. With a yellow Guess purse in hand she gamely followed me out to the country and a bit of hill climbing.

Unfortunately, while we expected fresh air, sunshine and a commune with nature, we got a little more than we had anticipated.

Spring in Saskatchewan means prairie grass, trees budding under crisp prairie skies, crocuses, gophers and plenty of them and, one other thing - wood ticks. They might be little and barely visible in this picture but they're mighty - mighty annoying! and mighty prolific! For us city dwellers, that was a bit too much. So a beautiful day in the country ended with wind and sunburn and well...

Let's just say the tick eradication program is well under way.

Are you country or city?

Ryshia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. City or country? I love to visit the country but I also pack one suitcase just for shoes on those trips. You tell me!

Actually, I'm more of an ocean girl myself. Not really the beach variety but more the tidepools and starfish and kelp kind.

Katherine

ps...tell your friend I love her bag!

Ryshia Kennie said...

Welcome aboard K! With a suitcase full of shoes you're city through and through. But I'm with you about the ocean I'd take that over tick infested hills any day.