Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Limits

With a story moving sweetly forward, I'm in the zone. But I've reached my limit. In the morning that limit is two hours, sometimes three depending on his mood. Who is that timer? Well, he's red and he's Irish and, although he thinks he's human, he's not. Rourke, that well documented, Irish Terrier is muttering and shifting continually from his place just behind me. I suspect if he could speak they would be words not said in polite company. I sense his patience has reached an end. The daily walk has been mandated.

I will return to the story but not for another hour. For now, it is time to go and enjoy a summer day. He might be pushy but Rourke reminds me that there is a whole world out there, and not just one I imagined.

What keeps you grounded in reality?

Ryshia






3 comments:

Dog_geek said...

Yep - that's one of the things dogs are best at, huh?

Ryshia Kennie said...

They sure are.

Teresa said...

What keeps me grounded in reality? The sound of an alarm clock shocks me back to reality - and now that I think of it, just clocks in general. I guess that's why in the summer I don't schedule/tell time by a clock...enough of it at work I guess! Another reality grounder...? the school bell! Yuck...