Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

There Are No Words


I was checking the news as is my habit in the morning and I stumbled on this headline - "I'm Dead and This is my Last Post."  Derek K, a blogger who wrote his last post and planned for it to be published after his death.   I can't imagine what he must have felt when he wrote that post knowing that others would read it after he was gone, knowing that his life was so close to over. 

Reading the words of a man who knew his death was imminent takes us to a place that many of us don't want to consider.  But death has happened - to him and it's a place I'd rather not consider this early in the morning that he takes me to despite my reluctance. 

But it was his final sentence that got me - powerful as only simple words can be 
as he lays love on the line.



Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

No comments: