Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One of Those Days

It's one of those days when I got up early intending to get a serious word count in and my attention span was nil.  So instead of getting a good word count, or edits, or anything out of the way early, nothing.  Despite a ridiculous pre-dawn start, it means working later today. 
For now I quit.  Yep, you heard right - done, finished for the next few hours.  I'm heading out into the sunshine of mid-week.   The good weather is still hanging in and my toes in sandals are not freezing... yet.

I've had other things on my mind today.  I admit there's always other things on my mind but when I get in that writing zone I shut the door on all the chatter.  To the point that I know it's not safe to talk to me immediately after a writing jag because it takes a while to get my focus back on what's real in the world and what's fiction.

So I signed up for my first blog hop.  I'm pretty excited about that and I'll have more details, like what my give away is, later - as it's nearer the end of the month.  What I can tell you now is there are a few hundred blogs participating.  So I hope you'll check it out and hop to a blog or two or even a hundred or so.  Lots of reading related prizes to be had.

This seems to be the post that began in the morning and ran through the afternoon.  So here I am back, and yes, it's afternoon.  A shopping trip and a trip to the library later - the library got me ready to write again and the shopping, well it just had to be done.  Don't go asking me the price of the latest trendy shirt, I'm still in recovery! 

In the meantime, it's back to writing - what I started out so very early to do.

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

No comments: