Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

P for Pushup - Don't Do It!

And now I'm going to contradict my own title.  Pushups, you should do them.  And I do, except this morning when I did the darn things wrong.

Okay, here's the thing.  I do my pushups as the coffee starts up but I do a bit of stretch first.  Bear in mind that this is the beginning of my morning, a few quick exercises in the time it takes the coffee to brew.

I know, I know.  At least I know now.

It's not enough time to stretch correctly.  And this morning, as it always is, the pushup was the last exercise and I did a few more than I normally do.  And that's when I felt the slight twinge in my shoulder that turned into a nagging pain that has troubled me all day.  Nothing major but annoying all the same and a reminder of why exercising without a proper warm up is really, just a bad idea.

Somehow it's so much easier to write about exercise than it is to do it.  Why is that, do you think? 

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com
Ryshia on Facebook

No comments: